Benefits of Pumpkin: Tips for quickly stopping dog diarrhea!
- Dog Troubleshitting: Ultimate Dog Diarrhea Guide (for cats too) [Infographic]
- Causes, Symptoms of Salmonella, E. Coli & Giardia in Pets
- Effective tips on stopping dog diarrhea using home remedies
- Benefits of Pumpkin: Tips for quickly stopping dog diarrhea!
Benefits of pumpkin for pet health
Thanksgiving is around the corner and there is a lot to be thankful for. Especially when you have loving non-judgmental pets. We also love the pumpkin and turkey that goes with Thanksgiving. Thankfully, the benefits of pumpkin include solving dog diarrhea, dog constipation, cat diarrhea among other issues.
Pureed organic pumpkin (raw or cooked, not sweetened or spiced) is great for both cats’ and dogs’ digestive health. Pureed pumpkin is the fiber wonder for both diarrhea and constipation. For cat owners, pureed pumpkin is also recommended in aiding cats pass furballs through the backdoor and into the litter box.
Stopping dog diarrhea with pumpkin
The dosage for dogs with diarrhea- 1 tablespoon per 10 lb of body weight is usually recommended as part of their meal to make them regular or in case you need help firming up their stool after a bout of diarrhea.
We normally recommend that you either skip one meal for your dog/ cat or alternatively, add the pumpkin to a tasty broth. Please make sure that the meat broth you cook for your pets does not have any onions in it.
The benefits of pumpkin for dogs and cats also extend to the seeds.
- Ground raw organic pumpkin seeds are rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron and especially zinc.
- It is anti-microbial, anti-fungal, antioxidant support (may prevent cancer) and also a great dewormer.
- An amino acid called cucurbitin in pumpkin seeds eliminates tapeworms and other intestinal parasites. Did we also mention that they may be good for skin and coat, as well as urinary tract health. However, it not as bioavailable as other sources we could recommend for those purposes.
How to store pumpkin for dog/ cat diarrhea or constipation
Since pureed pumpkin does not keep for more than a week in the fridge, freeze them in ice cube trays and use as needed.
In case, the dog or cat gets into your turkey dinner and is not feeling well, use Nature’s Logic – Supplements – Canned Pumpkin Puree 15 oz. Add a pumpkin seed boost to your pet’s health to show them how thankful we are to have them!