Grizzly Salmon Oil Plus for dogs and cats supplies a daily supplement rich in EPA and DHA – the right Omega-3 fatty acids. Your pet’s metabolism uses these nutrients immediately without any prior conversion. Plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, such as those found in flax seed, must be converted by your dog’s or cat’s body prior to use—an inefficient process that may result in as little as 5 % – 15 % of the fatty acids being actually metabolized.
Omega-3 fatty acids are important fats that pets must get from their diet in order to maintain optimum health.Omega-3s: long chain fatty acids DHA, EPA, and ALA
- DHA: helps support the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems.
- EPA: helps promote healthy skin and coat.
- ALA: only about 15% is nutritionally available for skin and coat health.
*Omega-6s: linoleic acid (LA)—essential in small amounts
- An elevated Omega-6 content may trigger an inflammatory response.
- Most pet foods have too high an Omega-6 content.
- A high Omega-6 content must be balanced with Omega-3 supplements like Grizzly Salmon Plus™.
Omega-9s: provides a good source of energy
- The body makes its own Omega-9s as needed.
- Not a nutritionally important fatty acid.
- The body burns excess Omega-9s as a calorie-dense source of energy.